It is a water based coating, so ambient temperature and percentage of humidity will have an effect on drying time:
Coating should not be exposed to temp below 55°F during the application and curing process. There are three steps in the drying process: “dry to the touch”, “fully cured” and “fully cross linked”.
A. Coating will be dry to the touch after:
• 40 to 60 minutes in ambient air of 72°F and Rate of Humidity (RH) of 40%. More drying time might be required at higher RH.
• 15 to 30 minutes in a heated booth at 130°F (Allow 15 minutes flash-off at 72 F before entering the oven).
• 15 to 30 minutes (10 minutes flash off at 30” and 20 min full bake at 30”) under Infra-Red lamps.
B. Coating will be fully cured after:
• 24 hours at ambient air of 72°F and RH of 40%. More curing time might be required at higher RH.
• 60 minutes in the oven at 130°F and a cool down period of 1 hour at 72°F.
• 40 minutes (10 minutes flash off at 30 inches and 30 minutes full bake at 30 inches) under the Infra-Red Lamps and a 40 to 60 minutes cool down at 72°F.
C. Coating is fully cross linked after:
• 4 to 7 days. If your process has drying time limitations, there are ways to accelerate the drying time using hot air blowers, as well.